Friday, May 22, 2009

just playing around

I have been doing just about anything to avoid the overdue spring cleaning around here.

Today I make an outdoor bouquet from some decorative grass (that I didn't want dropping seeds) and flowers from our yard. It can't come inside because of my allergies.

Awhile back I finished up this wall quilt. Just don't know what to do with it now. :)

A couple of weeks ago I made a thread collage. I'd seen it done on a quilting show once; and when I started to organize & clean out Mom's embroidery thread I decided that instead of throwing out the tangled thread I'd give this a try.

Then I photocopied the design on colored paper for some other projects including the two below.

Next was a paper collage on an 8x10 canvas.

and a fabric collage on a piece of foam board using white glue.

Awhile back I tried a fabric collage using fusible webbing - I'm not happy with it (at least not with the trees) but it was a learning experience.

Last Saturday Kevin & Shannon came out so I could help Shannon get started on her very first quilt; that got me in the mood to make one as well. Mine's not quite done, but it has been fun & is very cheerful.

I also made a couple of baby burp cloths that were in Mom's things. She had some waterproof fabric and baby flannel all cut to size, but not sewn. That made for a quick little project; and I already know who those will go to.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sally, loved seeing all your
artistic work...I use to make
time for it a long time ago...you
are inspiring me to try once
again. Everything is simply lovely
I appreciate your photographic eye
as well...love, debbie g

sally said...

Thanks Debbie! You made my day :)!