Monday, April 25, 2011

finding treasures...in the yard, at the thrift stores and on other blogs

It has been a good season for treasure hunting.  We have a LOT of flowers blooming in the yard right now and each one is a treasure.







 

A few weeks ago I found this spice rack at a thrift store.  The rack is a carousel; the bottles had labels and corks which smell of the spices. I couldn't decide if I should leave it alone or re-purpose it.  With Easter coming and flowers blooming the decision was easy. I removed the corks, scrubbed the vials and filled them with pastel colored water.  My sweet daughters-in-law insisted I post a picture of it. 
 
On Saturday the kids were all here and we all went treasure hunting.  We visited the Green Pea Boutique first.  It is the best antique/boutique store around!!  Both girls found treasures there. We also went to another antique store and a thrift store.


My favorite find is this egg gathering basket , I am anxious to fill it with "grass" and "eggs", I just don't know yet what that will look like.  

We all brought home new (to us) treasures.  The best part was 50% off everything at the thrift store.  This silver plated teapot was only fifty cents!

I also love treasure hunting on all the wonderful blogs out there in cyberspace.  I found versions of these sweet birds on a few different blogs and had to try making them.  I love the paperclip feet! 

And this morning I found the sign below and couldn't agree more.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Wow, I love your treasures! My dh and I used to love treasure hunting, but haven't done that in a long time.
Too bad it's supposed to storm in our area this weekend. Maybe we'll go next week while the girls are in school!
Have a blessed weekend!
Dianne @
http://buterflydreamz.blogspot.com/