Friday, April 3, 2009

Harriet

Not much new around here.

Mike is in Las Vegas for 3 days for a trade show.

I should be getting a lot done...but somehow I'm not. There are about a dozen projects I should get started on & a few that I should finish. I should probably also be looking for a job; but I don't know where to start. Last spring I looked & looked & looked with no success so starting again is difficult.

We have an abandoned cat that hangs around & I have been feeding it because it cries so much. Unfortunately it has very long hair & I am allergic to cats. She (I am assuming that it's a girl) is very affectionate but I shouldn't even pet her; that's hard. She had beautiful blue eyes, which are crossed, it is funny & very difficult to know where she is looking. We are lucky that she is content to stay outside, but I really should call animal control & hope that someone else will fall in love with her & give here a real home. I call her Harriet; Mike thinks it should be Hairy-It.

Trying to get a photo of the cat has been a challenge as whenever she sees me (or anyone for that matter) all she wants to do is butt up against my legs. If I get any distance she is moving toward me. But I tried & here are best of the attempts (out of about 20 shots):

3 comments:

Aleksandra said...

She's very pretty. Looks like a Maine Coon-- large and in charge! :)

patbunn said...

Hey. You have company while Mike is gone!

The projects are never done. I have about a dozen as well. Maybe my weekend project will be to put new batteries in the TV remote!

John said...

I have given up on "shoulds". Just pretty much do what I want when I want. But I have a husband who spoils me and lets me get away with that.