Friday, June 12, 2009

one down.... (updated)

First thing this morning I had my annual mammogram (one appointment down). I'll know Monday if I need a follow-up ultrasound or not. This is fairly routine for me because of cysts.

I went to the doctor last month "just to get my prescriptions renewed". (ha!!) As a result I will also have an echo cardiogram; blood work; a stress test; and a follow up appointment to go over results, all within the next two weeks! I'm glad they have lengthened the time between colonoscopies or I'd be due for that as well. And I am very thankful that I don't have to schedule all of this around a job.

BUT, due to me not having a job, we are both past due for eye exams & dental cleanings - his insurance doesn't cover those so they will have to wait a bit.

He had a doctor appointment last month & blood work done as well; his follow up appointment is on Monday. Our calendar is FULL - just with doctoring. But with any luck it will be months if not a year before we have to do it all again.

Can't I just be 30 again instead of on the verge of 60?

Update - July 1st: had my follow-up appointment yesterday & everything is A-OK!! Praise God! (I do not want to take good health for granted)

3 comments:

John said...

An early welcome to the 60s. Keep me posted on the exams and if anything is up with them.

p said...

Follow up ultrasounds are normal for nearly everyone these days - the result of better technology with the mammogram machines. They should just automatically do it all at one visit. Isn't it interesting how many more tests we need as we age. Keep us posted on the outcome.

sally said...

I did not get called back for an ultrasound!!
Had echocardiogram done today & I'll have blood drawn tomorrow morning.