Monday, August 23, 2010

Summertime


We have had a very pleasant summer with mild temperatures for our area.  But that is about to change; at least for a few days.  It's going to get HOT.

In spite of all the mowing, trimming, etc. that Mike did over the weekend our yard is quite overgrown. 
The small palm on the left is a volunteer.  We have several scattered around the gardens.



The citrus trees are flourishing and will be ripe in the late fall.  
Lemons                                           Tangerines

 

We have one tree in full bloom (right), I'm not sure what it is; (update: I believe it is a  Crape Myrtle) lots of growth on all the other trees and a few flowers still blooming.

I picked the last of the hydrangeas and hung them in the garage to dry.

I love Autumn and after the hot weather predicted for this week I'll be more than ready for it to arrive.

1 comment:

Chupsie said...

HI! I tripped over your blog and Love it!!!!