Tuesday, August 10, 2010

What to do...

Yesterday, at Goodwill, I found this:
 

It is an eight panel photograph of Central Park; each panel is 6 1/2 x10 inches.  I paid $2 a panel (each one is a well constructed chunky box with a nice hanger on the back).  My intention was to re-purpose it with a picture (or poster) that would better fit our decor, and reconfigure it in a 4 by 2 rectangle versus the 1 by 8 layout.    

Then I found it on line at Z Gallerie  (they have since removed the link) and thus the quandary.  It originally sold for $279 before being marked down to $195.  Seems a shame to deface it...what to do, what to do. 

I would love to hear your suggestions?

6 comments:

Catherine said...

Wow that is so cool! If you are intending to keep it for yourself and not resale it do whatever you want with it. Make it something that matches your decor, I'm sure that would be fun anyway.

Good luck,

C

Beyond This All said...

Honestly, I would not deface it. It's an original piece of art and that's kind of hard to find nowadays with all the imitations people impose. If you really wanted to do what you said you were wanting to do... I would use the original as an outline instead of stripping it from its natural beauty. But then again, that’s just my personal opinion and you should do what you want to do regardless of others ideas/opinions.

Good Luck. (:

StephanieTJLee said...

AH what a lucky find! Your idea sounds great but because its such an expensive piece perhaps do what Beyond This All suggested above? Its absolutely fantastic. Hope to see what you decide soon!

Chupsie said...

its beautiful! and if you see it more beautiful in a different way go for it!

Kacy said...

Have you decided what to do with it? Perhaps a little touch up and then pass it to Kevin & Shannon as a house warming present???

sally said...

I've decided that if I re-do the set I will wrap them in paper or fabric so as to preserve the original, and still have a different look.

Kacy, good idea, they would fit their decor better than ours. I'll keep that in mind.