Sunday, February 1, 2009

aaaahhhhhh

Mike & I just got home from a wonderful mini-vacation. My sister Dianne & her friend Janie jumped at the chance to drive down from Oregon to give us a short break & the timing couldn't have been better.

They arrived about noon on Friday and were here when our Hospice nurse visited & when Mom's hospital bed was delivered. I could not have prepared for it alone as furniture had to be moved, lots of clutter shuffled and a new "system" put in place so mom could reach the things she needs to have close by (clock, tissue, lip balm, antacids, water, etc). That alone was invaluable.

The best part was that Mike & I could get away; we drove over to Bodega Bay & met up with or very best buddies, Don & Ann. We hung out on the bay watching people crab & fish & then headed over to the ocean beach where whales had been spotted earlier in the day. We were too late to see the whales but did enjoy a beautiful sunset. Janie had insisted that we be prepared to spend the night, something I had not thought I wanted to do, but when Don & Ann invited us to stay with them we were able to so. After a good (9-hour) nights sleep and home made waffles for breakfast, Don, who just happens to be a massage therapist, asked if I couldn't use a short massage & for the first time ever I said yes. My 'short' massage lasted over an hour and was amazing.

We got home about 11:30 so Dianne & Janie could hit the road at noon. Mom is doing well today, which really tops off a wonderful weekend!!

So...a great big THANK YOU to Don & Ann, Dianne & Janie...and especially to Mike for insisting that we get away, and for focusing on doing something that I would find relaxing.






2 comments:

John said...

glad it worked out as it did. gosh, what a surprise? God is indeed good. That's a beautiful sunset.

Betty said...

I love the picture of your shadows! Looks like you had so much fun!